Trainee Accounts Assistant
Spacemade is revolutionising the world of work. That’s why we are building a network of individually branded, designed spaces that enhance the flexible work experience.We are a venture-backed start-up, ready for stellar growth with 11 brilliant spaces already across the UK. We’re only just getting started.
At Spacemade, we celebrate the individuality of our team and our members and create environments that give them freedom to express themselves and work in the best way they can. We do this collectively as a passionate team who believe in what we do! We offer a supportive work environment, inspiring workspaces, a competitive salary, perks and loads of team camaraderie.
Our next hire is you! Team Spacemade needs an ambitious accounts assistant who is passionate about growing their career.
As accounts assistant at Spacemade, you will be reporting directly to the Head of Finance and working closely with the Management Accounts, and assisting with the following:
- Supporting the Management Account with monthly management accounts
- Accounts payable ledger
- Supplier bank payments
- Bank reconciliation
- Staff debit card reconciliations
- Accounts receivable ledger
- Credit control and handling direct debit mandates
- Handling account queries with our members
- Carry out KYC checks on our new customers
What you’ll need to have:
- No previous accounts experience is required, all workplace training will be provided to you within your probation period. We are looking for a candidate who is fully committed to training to eventually become a qualified accountant and an ambition to succeed in an industry accounting role.
- Be ready to start AAT level 3 (A-Levels or AAT level 2 qualified)
- Brilliant attention to detail, passion for success, and willingness to learn new skills.
Why work for us?
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and have input to shape the direction and growth of the department.
- Grow your career as the company grows – promotion opportunities as you continue your training.
- A supportive, friendly, hard-working team.
- Team socials & get-togethers.
- Bring your pooch to work – we are a dog-friendly office.
- Flexible working locations across our network.
- Hybrid working policy.
- Take a half-day on your birthday.
- A mental health personal day.
- One paid charity day per year.
- 23 Days holiday per year (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Brilliant discounts and rewards on everyday items.
- £21k p.a. base salary
- 6 hours off-site training with BPP per week (AAT Level 3)
- AAT exam fees