Facilities & Services Manager
Spacemade is revolutionising the world of work. That’s why we’re building a network of individually branded, designed spaces that enhance the flexible work experience. We are a well-funded startup with excellent market traction, with 12 brilliant spaces already across the UK, we are growing to 50 in the next three years. We’re only just getting started.
At Spacemade, we celebrate the individuality of our team and our members and create environments that give them freedom to express themselves and work in the best way they can. We do this collectively as a passionate team who believe in what we do! We offer a supportive work environment, inspiring workspaces, a competitive salary, perks and loads of team camaraderie.
We are looking for an experienced Facilities & Services manager to join us as we build our rapidly growing team.
The right candidate will have the ability to maintain strong working relationships with our suppliers and contractors, good knowledge of community operations, with a keen eye for detail.
Your focus :
Facilities Management & Health and Safety
- Take full ownership for the relationship with external FM partners ensuring all contractors meet their SLAs for projects, repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure that all PPM checks are agreed and scheduled with the external facilities management company, ensuring all buildings are compliant.
- Monitor the execution of the soft and hard services reactive tickets issued for each building.
- Ensure all works carried out in the locations are completed in a timely and controlled manner, adhering to budget and compliance requirements.
- Support the CM team with day-to-day management of the 3rd party vendors (cleaners etc).
- Work closely with the Community Teams in each building to ensure they are taking a proactive approach to resolving trending/common issues.
- Manage and maintain building access control system.
- Ensure budgets for small works are closely managed and each project is delivered in line with the assigned project and timescales.
- Closely manage and control the Divisional Opex budgets (Monthly, Quarterly and Annually).
- Manage utility contracts across the portfolio.
- Provide a monthly review of spend by category (cleaning, maintenance, small works, utilities, IT, F&B; Consumables).
- Work with Finance to ensure we have an up-to-date list of all suppliers and vendors across locations.
- Oversee P&L for all our locations (M&E, Cleaning spends, IT, AV).
New location launches & Training
- Working closely with the Head of Projects to ensure the smooth rollout of new buildings from a Facilities perspective.
- Negotiate and implement the facilities’ contract agreements/ services for new locations.
- Assist the procurement process of various aspects of launching a new location.
- Assist the team with setting up a new location after PC (accessories set up, logistics management, IT & AV testing).
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience working within the coworking or serviced office sector.
- Previous multi-site facilities experience.
- Proficient in excel and microsoft office.
- Outstanding communication and listening skills.
- Start-up experience an advantage.
- Great organisational skills and capacity for working independently.
- Knowledge of Salto & Salto KS access control systems advantageous.
Why work for us?
- A supportive, friendly, hard-working team.
- Team socials & get-togethers.
- Bring your pooch to work – we are a dog-friendly office.
- Take a half-day on your birthday.
- A mental health personal day.
- One paid charity day per year.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- 23 Days holiday per year (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Brilliant discounts and rewards on everyday items.
If you’re a match, we will ask for a short video introduction or a quick get-to-know chat, then an online interview with a final face-to-face interview.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. Everyone who applies to Spacemade will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, family or parental status, or disability status and you will need to have the right to live and work in the UK.